Monday, June 15, 2009

Wrapping up EdFilmFest 2008

A few notes about last year's Festival.

The Top Ten Films I saw at the festival were:

1) Let the Right One In
2) Black Balloon
3) Good Dick
4) Red
5) Blood Car
6) Death Defying Acts
7) The Wave
8) Somers Town
9) Summer
10) Better Things

Special mentions to: Strange Girls, Of Time and the City, Wellness, Time Crimes and Tiramisu.

That said, if I included the films I saw before the festival started, the list would also include The Visitor, Man On Wire, Donkey Punch and A Complete History of My Sexual Failures, the first two of which both made it into my Best of 2009 list.

Highlight of the Festival: Hanging out with Alex Orr (director of Blood Car) and Rona Mark (director of Strange Girls). Edinburgh 2009 won't be the same without them.

Disappointment of the Festival: I can't remember now. Um...not getting to meet Keira Knightley?

Party of the Festival: The Donkey Punch party, largely because EVERYONE was there so I got to talk to Shane Meadows, Tom McCarthy, Richard Jenkins, the cast of Donkey Punch and the director of Sexual Failures all without moving from the same spot.

No comments: